A Saskatoon man is facing numerous charges following a report of a woman being forcibly confined and sexually assaulted.
On June 4, 2019, at approximately 7:30 a.m., Saskatoon Police received a call reporting that a woman had been held against her will and sexually assaulted in her home before she was able to escape. She told officers that the suspect may still be in her apartment, located in the 100 block of Wellman Crescent. Patrol members attended to the address where the male suspect was located and arrested without incident.
The 21-year-old female victim told Police that she was in her apartment at approximately 5:00 p.m., June 3, 2019 when the suspect knocked on her door and asked to use her phone. After refusing the man, he forced his way into the apartment and reportedly sexually assaulted the victim. The suspect threatened harm on the victim if she attempted to leave. She was able to leave the apartment the next morning at approximately 7:30 a.m. and report the incident. The suspect and victim are not believed to be known to each other.
The 37-year-old man is charged with Sexual Assault and Forcible Confinement. He will make his first provincial court appearance in a Saskatoon courtroom on Thursday morning, June 6.