SASKATCHEWAN'S LARGEST INDEPENDENTLY-OWNED COMMUNITY NEWSPAPER
Home



 

Carbon Monoxide poisoning in Warman sends three to hospital

Three people were taken to hospital on Tuesday morning, September 12 after they were overcome with carbon monoxide (CO) in their residence in Warman.
Warman Fire Chief Russ Austin said Warman Fire Rescue members “responded to a serious carbon monoxide call this morning at about 7 o’clock on Peters Street.”
Austin said the homeowner called the fire department while on his way to work, complaining of a serious headache and symptoms of nausea.
“The homeowner thought his family might have similar symptoms, and asked us to go over to the home and check it out,” said Austin. “When we arrived we found his wife and two older teenagers outside the house clutching their heads and vomiting. They were extremely sick and suffering from what they characterized as excruciating headaches.” Continue reading “Carbon Monoxide poisoning in Warman sends three to hospital”

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone

Firefighters extinguish deck fire in Warman

A deck fire on Redwood Crescent in Warman was quickly extinguished by Warman Fire Rescue members on Monday morning, September 11.

Firefighters spray a mixture of foam and water on a deck fire in Warman on Monday, September 11

The call came in about 8:25 a.m. and firefighters were able to contain the blaze in a matter of minutes. Warman Fire Chief Russ Austin said the fire was accidental and was apparently caused by the careless disposal of smoking materials. “A cigarette butt in the planter smouldered all night,” said Austin. There were no injuries in the incident,. Damage to the residence is estimated at $10,000.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone

Natural gas leak prompts evacuation of care home

A ruptured natural gas line forced the evacuation of 55 residents and 22 staff at a seniors care home in the north end of Warman on Thursday, September 6.

Diamond House Care Home staff, WERT members and volunteers assist in loading care home residents onto buses to take them to the Legends Centre

There were no injuries in the incident, which began shortly after 9:00 a.m. when a staff member at the care home smelled natural gas and alerted emergency responders.
A contractor working at a site across the street from the care home accidentally punctured an unmarked natural gas line.
Residents of Diamond House care home were quickly moved out of their rooms to an area just outside the front entrance of the building. A total of 33 residents were transported by bus to the a temporary emergency evacuation centre at the Legends Centre, but were later able to return to their home around 11:00 a.m. when the line was repaired.
Warman Fire Rescue initially responded to the call. They set up an incident command post and blockaded several streets in the area.
Warman Fire Chief Russ Austin said when firefighters arrived on the scene, the amount of natural gas leaking from the line was about 200 parts per million, which is very high. Continue reading “Natural gas leak prompts evacuation of care home”

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Navigation
« Previous Page Next Page »